2020 Annual Meeting Recap & Congratulations to our new Board
Thanks to all the members who were able to attend Medway Business Council’s Annual Meeting online via Zoom meeting on June 17, 2020 at 4PM. Just like every business working to be more creative during these challenging times of the COVID-19 pandemic, MBC is working to adjust and continue to meet and provide value for its members, too. An outline of the meeting is provided below along with a link to a recording of the annual meeting for those who would like to view the event.
MBC President, Wayne Texeira of Murphy Insurance Agency, provided a recap of 2019-2020 including accomplishments of:
- Membership currently at 48 including eight new members Aliquots Catering, Luna’s Flower Shop, M.E. O’Brien & Sons, Inc, Medway Dance Authority, My FM Media/My FM101.3, RE: WORK Editing, Top Notch HVAC & Two Moms Painting
- A year of morning, lunch and evening events including Sept BBQ, networking lunches, holiday social with speaker Senator Karen Spilka, skills workshops “How to Differentiate Yourself” & “LinkedIn for High Powered Results”
- Participation in the Choate Park Reopening Ribbon Cutting marking the end of Route 109 reconstruction.
- ShopMedway – ongoing growth and addition of business video profiles
- Involvement in the development of Route 109 light pole banners
- Scholarships – Development of new procedures and awarding of three scholarships of $750 awarded to graduating seniors Nicholas MacDonald-Moreno, Anthony Volz & Maggie Johnson
- Involvement with Medway EDC in gathering information leading to the permitting “outdoor eating” for restaurants/food establishments to help them reopen in Phase 2 of the Commonwealth COVID-19 Reopening Plan.
Treasurer John Parrella of Liscomb & Parrella, P.C. provided a review of MBC’s financial activity over the past year and financial position, followed by a virtual networking session of attending members including updates on what’s going on at their businesses currently as businesses continue working and/or reopen. Board members Tina Chemini of T.C. Scoops, and Jennifer Powell of Jennifer Powell Art – Illustration & Graphic Design, who are stepping off the MBC Board, were recognized for their years of service and dedication to the organization.
The proposed 2020-2021 Slate of Officers was approved by unanimous vote. The Board and Officers are:
- President: Julie Dennehy – Dennehy Public Relations
- Vice President: Liz Shea – Gardenia Home Design
- Treasurer: John Parrella – Liscomb & Parrella, P.C.
- Secretary: Laura Logan – RE: WORK Editing
- Past President: Wayne Texeira – Murphy Insurance Agency
- Board Member: Art Prutsalis – Classic Properties Realtors
- Board Member: Tonia Marin – Charles River Bank
- Board Member: Faina Shapiro – Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Page Realty
- Member-at-Large: Thomas Reardon – Reardon HVAC
The meeting concluded with incoming President, Julie Dennehy of Dennehy Public Relations providing comments on some goals for the upcoming year, thanking the new board for stepping up to lead MBC forward, and thanking Wayne Texeira for his 4 years of service as MBC President. Finally, Wayne Texeira offered closing remarks of appreciation for the past Board’s efforts on behalf of the Medway Business community, and members past, present, and future for their support of MBC and its mission.