Recap: Breakfast Meeting Explores Medway’s Economic Growth
On November 15th, the Medway Business Council hosted an informative breakfast meeting on economic growth featuring Keith Peden and Susan Affleck-Childs of the Town of Medway’s Economic Development Committee.
Ms. Affleck-Childs’s full presentation is available here, but both Peden and Affleck-Childs were eager to both give information and note that Medway is working hard to be a business-friendly community, and eager to listen to members about any recent economic development opportunities and issues.
Long-term goals of the EDC include:
- Grow Medway’s nonresidential tax base from the current 15% in 2016 to 20% in 2021.
- Work to eliminate bottlenecks in the permitting process and become known as a business-friendly community.
- Engage the community in economic development using the EDC website as a tool and through communication and collaboration with other town Committees.
- Identify resources that can be applied to the community’s economic growth.
- Ensure that the EDC’s efforts align with the Medway Master Plan.
In addition, she provided an overview of the following recent development activity by new businesses opening in town, or soon to open:
- PJ’s Smoke & Grille – Medway Shopping Plaza
- Orange Theory Fitness – Medway Commons
- The Hot Pigeon – Village Street
- Tumble Beans Café and Play – Medway Shopping Center (coming soon)
- O’Reilly Auto Parts – Medway Shopping Center (coming soon)
Thank you to our friends at Pangea Cuisines for the delicious breakfast, and to our speakers Susan Affleck-Childs and Keith Peden for the Town of Medway for their insight and time for Q&A from the members, and to the 25 attendees who join us to learn more about Medway’s plans for growth.
For more information about Medway’s economic growth, contact:
Susan E. Affleck-Childs, Planning and Economic Development Coordinator
Town of Medway
155 Village Street
Medway, MA 02053
Visit the EDC webpage at https://www.townofmedway.org/economic-development-committee.