November 14th Lunch & Learn: How to Create Conversations that Gain & Retain Clients
Do you ever feel that you do a lot of talking for not a lot of gain?
Join Medway Business Council for a lunch and learn session on November 14 at Restaurant 45 in Medway to discover easy-to-implement conversation techniques you can use to help generate likeability and trust –critical factors in converting prospects into clients and preventing current clients from straying to the competition. Social conversation and etiquette consultant Janet Parnes will equip you with techniques you will be able to start using immediately to develop the crucial relationships that are keys to building businesses and careers.
When: Wed., November 14, 12 pm – 1:30 pm
Register by Friday, November 9th
Where: Restaurant 45 – Medway (Rte. 109)
Workshop & Lunch Fee: Members – $25 / Non-members – $30
Meal Choices: Capellini Richard, Steak Tips or Baked Stuffed Shrimp
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
• Words and phrases: things to say that make a client feel you are focused solely on them
• Small talk: strategies for launching and maintaining a conversation
• Body language: gestures that power-up (or undermine) messages
• Networking: how to make an event more comfortable and profitable
• Conversation conundrums: forgetting a name and saying “No”: diplomatically
• Email & texting conventions: how to make clients feel valued and understood
THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR YOU IF YOU:
• Can go on forever about your company’s product or service but cringe when it comes to making small talk
• Find people tuning in and out when you speak to them
• Are up for a workshop with techniques that are powerful, practical and easy to apply
Janet Parnes has been bringing her programs to clients of various ages for 10 years. A graduate of the Protocol School of Washington®, she has presented to organizations that include numerous Chambers of Commerce, Bentley University’s Center for International Students and Scholars and numerous businesses and business associations. Janet has appeared in media outlets that include the Boston Globe, Boston.com, MetroWest Daily News and NPR New Hampshire.
This event is open to all businesses in the Medway area. You don’t have to be a member to attend. Join us to get out and meet fellow Medway business people, and gain new insights. CLICK HERE to register before November 9th workshop & lunch fee is $25 for members and $30 for non-members.Hope to see you there!